Wednesday 30 March 2011

Spring Forward to the Seventies



Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver

Foxy Afro EditorialsFoxy Afro Editorials

Photos of Foxy Afro Editorials http://www.trendhunter.com/


My love for the high street has just increased dramatically. As I shopped over the weekend I could not get over the enormous effort the high street has gone to to provide an amazing creation of 70s Fashion.

Fashion designers have been taking their inspiration from the 70s for sometime now, but 2011 sees 70s-inspired fashion as a full-on trend on the high street, and its
everywhere!

The two types of 70s trend you can follow, Glamour or Boho, My favourite look of the 70s is all about lame gold jumpsuits and Halston dresses, as you may have gathered from my Studio 54 posts previously. But for the time being I am purly focussing on 70s Boho, and this trend is without a doubt the trend of the season.

H&M, River Island, Topshop, ASOS, and Warehouse have on all jumped on the 70s bandwagon, with the result of floaty maxi dress, broderie Anglais skirts,crochet bags, flared jeans the list goes on.

I have been prowling through my wardrobe recently to find some key pieces that I can bring out this season, to which I found a White Tailored Blazer, A crotchet dress, various floral maxi dresses and a a floppy brimmed hat, the only required purchase is a good pair of Tan Wedges! - I will be added the pair I found from Aldo very shortly!

Come on guys, Embrace  in that Brigitte Bardot 70s love!


spring-2011-trends-that70sshow.jpg
Aline Weber Free People 5
The Free People March 2011 lookbook boasts the quintessential boho look

ALINE WEBER FREE PEOPLE http://www.trendhunter.com/

Below my 70s Inspired looks



1 comment:

Sick by Trend said...

Im impatience to say hello the good weather and spring!!!!! absolutely fan of the new trends and colors!!! Im following!

Look my blog and if you like it, follow me!!!

www.sickbytrend.com

xx

sBt